Application for Aspirancy - Why does it take 8 months?
1. Application packet
- Narrative essay by applicant
- Narrative essay by spouse
- Baptismal record of the applicant sent by the church of baptism
- Baptismal record of the spouse sent by the church of baptism
- Confirmation certificate sent by the church of Baptism if not noted on the back of the baptismal certificate.
- Marriage Certificate
- Proof of annulment, if applicable
- Transcripts of theological formation sent by the institution
- Military discharge papers, if applicable
- Work History
- Medical evaluation sent directly by physician
- Family History
- Psychological evaluation of both the applicant and spouse
- Confidential affidavit
2. Recommendation Packet
- Personal x 3
3. Safe Environment Coordinator - Diocesan Requirements
- Criminal Background Check
- Virtus Training
- Code of Conduct
4. Director meeting with your pastor.
5. Formation Board Interview