(These prayer intentions are from individuals we are serving.)
- Pray that I continue to become more humble. Ask God to watch over my babies. Pray for my court dates. (W.)
- Pray for job security; obtaining a driver’s license and car; better relationship with my husband. (Tabitha)
- Pray for conquering my addictions, for perseverance, and for forgiveness. (Brenda)
- Pray for shelter, food, and bringing my family together. (Cora)
- Pray for myself, my family, my mental health and my physical stability. Pray that what I have lost within myself I find again in Jesus. (Rosetta)
- Pray that the Lord bring me back home to Him. (Linda)
- Pray for strength, guidance and patience. (Teairre)
- Pray for my need for housing. (James)
- Pray for healing from domestic violence and a death in my family. (Shlonda)
- Pray for safe shelter, health, spiritual growth, money to move, and transportation. Pray that I may live to see another day. (Carmen & Danny)
- Pray for my son (Isaac) being placed in foster care and that he stay strong in his faith while he is in foster care. (Sarah & Isaac)
- Pray for safe shelter and food for me and other homeless people. Give us hope and comfort. (Tony)
- Pray for total physical and emotional healing, and for deliverance for Teika and Chris.
- Pray that I overcome my addiction. (Sylena)
- Pray that the Holy Spirit give me peace in working through my struggles with my personal finances. (Leslie)
- Pray that I have strength to continue to stop smoking. (Rachel)
(Additional Prayer Intentions…)
- Pray for the 91 children in foster care homes, who have no access to visits with their biological parents during the pandemic. Many of them are too young to understand what is happening with the pandemic, and they are dealing with the trauma of fear.
- Pray for safety for the front-line staff at our Center For Hope and at our soup kitchens and for the families and individuals we serve who are providing lunches and dinners and distributing food and personal need items, and for those coming for clean/safe filtered water.
- Pray for the children, families and individuals who have been receiving counseling for anxiety, depression, abuse, addictions and other mental health related needs. With the COVID-19 restrictions, their counseling sessions are being provided by tele-health instead of in person, and in many cases are not being provided at all as many individuals are not comfortable with counseling that is not provided in person.
HOPE IN A BOX
- Collect hygiene items for our Community Closet in designated boxes at your church or business.
- Each month, we send out flyers highlighting a particular item that is needed.
HOPE IN A BOX FOR KIDS
- Just like Hope in a Box, but geared to schools, youth groups, clubs, religious education classes, etc.
STEEL TOE BOOTS
- Steel Toe Boots are needed for our clientele getting many jobs. Walmart is least expensive at $25-$30 per pair. They can buy or you can make a donation toward them.
CLOSET CLEANING FOR A CAUSE
- Clean out your closets and donate gently used clothing and household items to those in need.
- Organize a can drive and use money from deposit toward canned goods or hygiene items.
- Collect mittens (or gloves or hats or scarves) to help people keep warm during the winter months.
- Plan a food drive to collect canned goods and non-perishable items for our three soup kitchens
- Host a scavenger hunt for youth or adults, with a list of items to be collected for our Community Closet or Soup Kitchen (like toothbrushes, toilet paper, canned goods, etc). Make it a competition between teams!
- Make up a batch of homemade laundry soap (we’ll provide the recipe… it’s super easy!) to be given away at the Community Closet.
VOLUNTEER – COMMUNITY CLOSET
- Volunteer at the Community Closet to help with sorting and organizing donations, welcoming clients, and assisting them to find the things that they need. Individuals and groups are welcome.
VOLUNTEER – SOUP KITCHENS
- Volunteer to prepare and serve a meal at one of our three Flint Soup Kitchens. Individuals and groups are welcome.
- Help with spring planting or fall clean-up to keep our Mary Garden, Peace Park, and yard growing.
PRAY FOR OUR CLIENTS
- Pray for the intentions offered by our clients both in Genesee and Shiawassee Counties.
PARTY WITH A PURPOSE
- For your next birthday party, invite guests to bring things for the soup kitchens or Community Closet rather than gifts. We are happy to provide lists of most-needed items.
Have another idea? Please let us know. Get creative in the ways that you support Catholic Charities of Shiawassee and Genesee Counties. Contact us at 810-265-7025 ext. 712 or email Mary Stevenson at firstname.lastname@example.org