- Pray for vulnerable children removed from their homes due to sexual abuse, severe physical and verbal abuse, and neglect. The numbers of these children are growing during the pandemic.
- Pray for children in foster care. The required visits with their biological parents are severely limited by the pandemic. Many of these children are traumatized by the unknowns of the pandemic.
- Pray for the substance abuse therapists who work with inmates in the state prison facilities in Jackson and Lenawee counties, where social distancing is not always possible for the therapists and for the inmates who live there.
- Pray for the children, families and individuals who have been receiving counseling services. The pandemic has eliminated in-person counseling services, with counseling continuing via tele-health (video conference) and by phone where possible.
- Jackson County—Personal needs items—soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brushes, toilet paper, etc.—and linens can be dropped off at the Jackson office at 3425 Francis St., Jackson, MI 49203 Phone—517-782-2551
Many Jackson parishes have designated bins in the churches to collect food and personal needs items for Catholic Charities.
- Lenawee County—Ask parishes to fill Bags of Hope with non-perishable food and personal needs items, which are distributed to the parish food pantries. These canvas Bags of Hope are available at our Adrian office. 199 N. Broad St., Adrian, MI 49221 Phone—517-263-2191