Book of Revelation
The book of Revelation gives us a view of scripture we have not yet seen. It is written with symbolic language and imagery. John is on the Island of Patmos and has visions he shares to enlighten the reader to the Glory of God. God speaks to us through these words and shows us how to remain with him until the end of time. How to keep Hope in Christ Final victory over death when He will come again in all His Glory. A time when God will be all in all. A time when there will be a new heaven and a new earth. All will be in communion subject to Him. We ponder through these words of radiance and wonder what this time will be like when all are in the full presence of God forever.
Sunday, November 14th, 2021
11 I looked again and heard the voices of many angels who surrounded the throne and the living creatures and the elders. They were countless in number, 12 and they cried out in a loud voice: “Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches, wisdom and strength, honor and glory and blessing.”
The Angels and creatures give praise to God.
- The angels and creatures give praise to God. I wonder what the voices of angels sound like.
- I wonder how we could give honor, and glory, and blessing to God this day.
Monday, November 15th, 2021
13 Then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea, everything in the universe, cry out: “To the one who sits on the throne and to the Lamb be blessing and honor, glory and might forever and ever.” 14 The four living creatures answered, “Amen,” and the elders fell down and worshiped.
- It says “every creature” and “everything in the universe” – what are some of the things that might be crying out in praise of God?
Tuesday, November 16th, 2021
15“For this reason they stand before God’s throne
and worship him day and night in his temple.
The one who sits on the throne will shelter them.
16 They will not hunger or thirst anymore,
nor will the sun or any heat strike them.
17 For the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will shepherd them
and lead them to springs of life-giving water,
and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.”
- I wonder what it would be like to never hunger or thirst again. What would it be like to be shepherded to springs of life-giving water?
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021
16 The twenty-four elders who sat on their thrones before God prostrated themselves and worshiped God
17 and said:
“We give thanks to you, Lord God almighty,
who are and who were.
For you have assumed your great power
and have established your reign.
- I wonder how we can show our thanks to God for His great Power.
- Would you like to try prostrating on the ground to bow before God?
Thursday, November 18th, 2021
1 A great sign appeared in the sky, a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.
- Who might this woman be, clothed with the sun and with a crown of twelve stars? I wonder how she could be a sign for us.
Friday, November 19th, 2021
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have salvation and power come,
and the kingdom of our God
and the authority of his Anointed.
For the accuser of our brothers is cast out
- I wonder what the kingdom of God is like.
- What does it mean to be anointed? [to be blessed with oil and set apart for a special purpose]
- Who could the Anointed One of God be?
Saturday, November 20th, 2021
3 and they sang the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb:
“Great and wonderful are your works,
Lord God almighty.
Just and true are your ways,
O king of the nations.
- I wonder if there is a song in our heart we could sing to Jesus.
- What does it mean for God to be king of the nations?