Book of Revelation
The book of Revelation gives us a view of scripture we have not yet seen. It is written with symbolic language and imagery. John is on the Island of Patmos and has visions he shares to enlighten the reader to the Glory of God. God speaks to us through these words and shows us how to remain with him until the end of time. How to keep Hope in Christ Final victory over death when He will come again in all His Glory. A time when God will be all in all. A time when there will be a new heaven and a new earth. All will be in communion subject to Him. We ponder through these words of radiance and wonder what this time will be like when all are in the full presence of God forever.
Sunday, November 7th, 2021
26“To the victor, who keeps to my ways until the end, I will give authority over the nations.
27He will rule them with an iron rod. Like clay vessels will they be smashed,
28 just as I received authority from my Father. And to him I will give the morning star.
- I wonder how we can be victorious.
- I wonder what the morning star is.
Monday, November 8th, 2021
3:5 “The victor will thus be dressed in white, and I will never erase his name from the book of life but will acknowledge his name in the presence of my Father and of his angels.
- I wonder who this person in white could be. They have a name that will never be erased.
Tuesday, November 9th, 2021
1 After this I had a vision of an open door to heaven, and I heard the trumpet-like voice that had spoken to me before, saying, “Come up here and I will show you what must happen afterwards.”
2 At once I was caught up in spirit. A throne was there in heaven, and on the throne sat
3 one whose appearance sparkled like jasper and carnelian. Around the throne was a halo as brilliant as an emerald.
- I wonder what kind of person sits on a throne.
- This throne is in heaven. I wonder who is this person that sits upon the throne in heaven.
- Jasper, carnelian, and emerald are beautiful jewels. What would it be like to see someone sparkle like jasper and carnelian and a throne shining like an emerald?
Wednesday, November 10th, 2021
4 Surrounding the throne I saw twenty-four other thrones on which twenty-four elders sat, dressed in white garments and with gold crowns on their heads.
5 From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings, and peals of thunder. Seven flaming torches burned in front of the throne, which are the seven spirits of God.
6 In front of the throne was something that resembled a sea of glass like crystal.
- I wonder what it will be like to see this throne room of God with our own eyes.
- I wonder about this place where everyone wears white. Where else have we heard about or seen a white garment?
Thursday, November 11th, 2021
8 The four living creatures, each of them with six wings,* were covered with eyes inside and out. Day and night they do not stop exclaiming:
“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God almighty,
who was, and who is, and who is to come.”
- I wonder what it means for God to be holy.
- Do you remember the time at Mass where we say the words Holy, Holy, Holy, a time where we bow down before the Lord and worship him?
Friday, November 12th, 2021
9 Whenever the living creatures give glory and honor and thanks to the one who sits on the throne, who lives forever and ever,
10 the twenty-four elders fall down before the one who sits on the throne and worship him, who lives forever and ever. They throw down their crowns before the throne, exclaiming:
11 “Worthy are you, Lord our God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things; because of your will they came to be and were created.”
- What do the twenty-four elders do?
- I wonder how we can give glory and honor and thanks to the Lord our God?
- Is there a particular place we can bring our praise and thanks to God, and bow down to worship him?
Saturday, November 13th, 2021
5 One of the elders said to me, “Do not weep. The lion of the tribe of Judah, the root of David, has triumphed, enabling him to open the scroll with its seven seals.”
- I wonder who this lion from Judah is.
- I wonder how this lion has triumphed.
- I wonder what is on the scrolls He opened.