Sunday, May 16th
Acts of the Apostles 18:9-10
“One night in a vision the Lord said to Paul, “Do not be afraid. Go on speaking, and do not be silent, for I am with you. No one will attack and harm you, for I have many people in this city.” (Acts of the Apostles 18:9-10)
- I wonder what a vision of the Lord was like?
- I wonder if Paul should be afraid if God is with him. God is immensely powerful?
Monday, May 17th
Acts of the Apostles 19:11-12
“So extraordinary were the mighty deeds God accomplished at the hands of Paul that when face cloths or aprons that touched his skin were applied to the sick, their diseases left them, and the evil spirits came out of them” (Acts of the Apostles 19:11-12)
- I wonder how God works through people?
- I wonder how God works through things?
Tuesday, May 18th
Acts of the Apostles 20:28
“Keep watch over yourselves and over the whole flock of which the Holy Spirit has appointed you overseers, in which you tend the church of God that he acquired with his own blood.” (Acts of the Apostles 20:28)
- I wonder how we need to keep watch over ourselves?
- I wonder how we keep watch over a whole flock?
- I wonder how we tend to the church Jesus has given to us?
Wednesday, May 19th
Acts of the Apostles 21:26
“So Paul took the men, and on the next day after purifying himself together with them entered the temple to give notice of the day when the purification would be completed, and the offering made for each of them.” (Acts of the Apostles 21:26)
- I wonder what being purified is?
- I wonder what being pure is like?
- I wonder how we would feel, think, or look?
- I wonder do we have an offering for God?
Thursday, May 20th
Acts of the Apostles 22:6-8
“On that journey as I drew near to Damascus, about noon a great light from the sky suddenly shone around me. I fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to me, ‘Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting me?’ I replied, ‘Who are you, sir?’ And he said to me, ‘I am Jesus the Nazorean whom you are persecuting.’” (Acts of the Apostles 22:6-8)
- Paul has seen a great light and heard the voice of God. I wonder who is the light?
- I wonder what it was like for Paul that day?
- What did the light look like?
- What was the voice of Jesus like?
Friday, May 21st
Acts of the Apostles 23:11
“The following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Take courage. For just as you have borne witness to my cause in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness in Rome.”
(Acts of the Apostles 23:11)
- I wonder does the Lord stand by us, to encourage us?
- I wonder how does one bear witness to God?
Saturday, May 22nd
Acts of the Apostles 24:15
“I have the same hope in God as they themselves have that there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous.” (Acts of the Apostles 24:15)
- I wonder if we have hope in God?
- I wonder what resurrection will be like?