As we think of Jeremiah the young prophet we may get discouraged or rather see this book as a little dark. Jeremiah was born into this world at a time when the world was in great darkness and sin. Jeremiah was born a child of the light. He has the very special gift of God’s presence with him. Jeremiah was born with a mission, go tell others a message of HOPE from God. God has not given up on humans, rather He was reaching out to them, to help them through the prophet Jeremiah. God’s will is to bring all humanity in communion with himself. Jeremiah is filled with the grace and light of God. He is a light to others in darkness. God will always be a light for us in times of darkness. The darkness shall only overcome those who choose it.
We too, are called from our baptism to be like the prophet Jeremiah. To tell others the love God has for each of them. It can be hard at times, especially in today’s current culture. We could get easily discouraged like Jeremiah. There is HOPE!! God is with us, we also have the light of Christ with each of us to help us with our mission.
Sunday, March 7th
Jeremiah 19: 1-2
"Thus says the Lord: 'go buy a potter’s earthen flask. Take along some of the elders of the people and of the priests, and go out toward the Valley of Ben-hinnom, at the entrance of the potsherd gate; there proclaim the words which I speak to you.'"
- I wonder if God gives us words to speak to others.
- I wonder if we too are called to be prophets and tell others about God.
- I wonder if Jeremiah is not too young to do this task, are we too young to tell others God loves them also.
Monday, March 8th
"Sing to the Lord, praise the Lord, for He has rescued the life of the poor from the power of the wicked."
- I wonder if we could give praise to the Lord and sing to Him, what song you would sing to Him.
- I wonder are there other ways we can give praise to the Lord.
Tuesday, March 9th
"And to this people you shall say; Thus says the Lord; See I give you a choice between life and death."
- I wonder who these people are that the Lord gives them a choice.
- I wonder if we choose to follow God and His commands, are we choosing life.
Wednesday, March 10th
"Thus says the Lord: Do what is right and just. Rescue the victim from the hand of His oppressor."
- I wonder how we live right and just.
- I wonder what examples of being right and just are.
- I wonder are there are any person(s) that model for us being right and just.
Thursday, March 11th
"I will appoint shepherds for them who will shepherd them so they no longer fear and tremble: none shall be missing, says the Lord."
- I wonder does God give us people to be with, so we do not have to be afraid.
- I wonder how we could help others to not bet afraid.
- I wonder, God said He will not let any go missing. He must care very much for this flock.
Friday, March 12th
"I will look after them for their good, and bring them back to this land, to build them up, not to tear them down; to plant them, not to pluck them out. I will give them a heart with which to understand that I am the Lord. They shall be my people and I will be their God, for they shall return to me with their whole heart."
- I wonder if there are those who do not understand that there is but one God.
- I wonder if we could pray for those who do not believe in God.
- I wonder how we can help them know God.
- I wonder how we can love God with our whole heart.
Saturday, March 13th
"Prophecy against them all these things and say to them: 'The Lord roars from on high, from His holy dwelling He raises His voice: Mightily He roars over the range, a shout like that of vintagers over the grapes.'"
- I wonder How the Lord is like a mighty Lion, What is a mighty lion like. Powerful.
- I wonder what His holy dwelling place is like.
- I wonder why He roars loudly over the people.
- I wonder if He is calling us to Himself, so we can be like Him.