As we think of Jeremiah the young prophet we may get discouraged or rather see this book as a little dark. Jeremiah was born into this world at a time when the world was in great darkness and sin. Jeremiah was born a child of the light. He has the very special gift of God’s presence with him. Jeremiah was born with a mission, go tell others a message of HOPE from God. God has not given up on humans, rather He was reaching out to them, to help them through the prophet Jeremiah. God’s will is to bring all humanity in communion with himself. Jeremiah is filled with the grace and light of God. He is a light to others in darkness. God will always be a light for us in times of darkness. The darkness shall only overcome those who choose it.
We too, are called from our baptism to be like the prophet Jeremiah. To tell others the love God has for each of them. It can be hard at times, especially in today’s current culture. We could get easily discouraged like Jeremiah. There is HOPE!! God is with us, we also have the light of Christ with each of us to help us with our mission.
Sunday, February 28th
"You, O Lord, know me; you see me; you have found that at heart I am with you."
- I wonder how the Lord knows us.
- The Lord sees us, I wonder if this means He is not far away.
- I wonder how we can give our hearts to the Lord and be with Him.
Monday, March 1st
"Give ear, listen humbly, for the Lord speaks.
Give glory to the Lord, your God, before it grows dark."
- I wonder what it means to be humble.
- I wonder how we bring glory to God.
Tuesday, March 2nd
"O hope of Israel, O Lord, our savior in time of need."
- I wonder how Jesus brings hope.
- I wonder how Jesus saves us in times of need.
- I wonder how we can help others in need.
Wednesday, March 3rd
"Who will pity you, Jerusalem? Who will console you? Who will stop to ask about your welfare?"
- I wonder how the Lord consoles us.
- I wonder if we could console others.
- I wonder, God wants us to be well. He has such love for us. He does not wish us to be unwell.
- I wonder if we could ask for His help to be well and at peace.
Thursday, March 4th
"Can man make for himself gods? These are not gods.
Look then: I will give them knowledge;
this time I will leave them no doubt of my strength and power;
They shall know that my name is Lord."
- I wonder what kinds of things people try to make like gods.
- Are there things we might think are more important than God?
- I wonder if God wants us to call upon His name and call Him Lord.
- I wonder how strong and powerful is the Lord.
Friday, March 5th
Jeremiah 17: 7
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose hope is in the Lord."
- I wonder what it means to be blessed.
- I wonder if we can be a blessing for others.
- I wonder how much we trust in God.
- I wonder how we can respond to the gift of hope.
Saturday, March 6th
"Sometimes, I threaten to uproot and tear down and destroy a nation or a kingdom. But if that nation which I have threatened, turns from evil, I also will repent of the evil I threatened to do."
- I wonder if God only threatens, when He has to get rid of evil.
- I wonder if evil is harmful to us.
- I wonder how many times we can be sorry and repent.
- I wonder how loving our God is who will forgive us as many times as we need.
- I wonder how we will respond to such a gift of God’s mercy and forgiveness.