As we think of Jeremiah the young prophet we may get discouraged or rather see this book as a little dark. Jeremiah was born into this world at a time when the world was in great darkness and sin. Jeremiah was born a child of the light. He has the very special gift of God’s presence with him. Jeremiah was born with a mission, go tell others a message of HOPE from God. God has not given up on humans, rather He was reaching out to them, to help them through the prophet Jeremiah. God’s will is to bring all humanity in communion with himself. Jeremiah is filled with the grace and light of God. He is a light to others in darkness. God will always be a light for us in times of darkness. The darkness shall only overcome those who choose it.
We too, are called from our baptism to be like the prophet Jeremiah. To tell others the love God has for each of them. It can be hard at times, especially in today’s current culture. We could get easily discouraged like Jeremiah. There is HOPE!! God is with us, we also have the light of Christ with each of us to help us with our mission.
Sunday, February 21st
"I will go to the great ones and speak to them; for they know the way of the Lord,
Their duty to God."
- I wonder what duty we might have to God.
- I wonder what the way of the Lord is. His ways are good ways.
Monday, February 22nd
"Be warned, O Jerusalem, lest I be estranged from you.
I wonder if God wants us to know it is not good for us to be away from Him."
- I wonder how we stay close to God.
- I wonder how we can help others be close to God.
Tuesday, February 23rd
"This rather is what I commanded them: Listen to my voice; then I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in the ways that I command you, so that you may prosper."
- I wonder if God knows what it best for us.
- I wonder how we can respond to the gift of God speaking to us.
- I wonder how we can listen to His voice, just with our ears or can we listen with our hearts and minds also.
- I wonder what prosper means.
Wednesday, February 24th
"Tell Them: Thus, says the Lord: when someone falls, does he not rise again?
If he goes astray, does he not turn back?"
- I wonder what we may do to not fall away from God.
- I wonder how we go astray.
- I wonder how we can get back.
- Do we need help?
- Can we get back on our own?
- I wonder how we can help others not go astray.
Thursday, February 25th
"Thus says the Lord: 'Let not the wise man Glory in his wisdom, nor the strong man glory in his strength, nor the rich man glory in his riches,
but rather, let him who glories, glory in this, that in his prudence he knows me. Knows that I, the Lord, bring about kindness, justice and uprightness on the earth; for which I am pleased,' says the Lord."
- I wonder why God does not want us to Glory in ourselves.
- I wonder can we do anything without God.
- Does God provide us the abilities and talents we have?
- I wonder what prudence means.
- I wonder how we can know the Lord.
Friday, February 26th
"No one is like you, O Lord, great are you, great and mighty is your name."
- I wonder about the greatness of the Lord.
- I wonder what great things the Lord has done.
- I wonder if anything is impossible for God.
- When we say the name of the Lord we call Him into are presence.
- I wonder when do we call the Lord by name.
- I wonder about the power of the name of the Lord.
- How can His name be mighty?
Saturday, February 27th
"Which I enjoined upon your fathers the day I brought them up out of the land of Egypt, that iron foundry, saying: 'Listen to my voice and do all that I command you. Then you shall be my people, and I will be your God. Thus I will fulfill the oath I swore to your fathers, to give them a land of flowing with milk and honey: the one you have today.' 'Amen, Lord,' I answered."
- I wonder how we listen to the voice of God.
- I wonder what He commands us to do.
- I wonder what it is to belong to the people of God.
- I wonder what a land flowing of milk and honey is like.