"Catechesis for adults, since it deals with persons who are capable of an adherence that is fully responsible, must be considered the chief form of catechesis. All the other forms, which are indeed always necessary, are in some way oriented to it."
General Directory for Catechesis, n. 59
Parish communities of the Lansing Diocese will provide opportunities for the ongoing faith formation of all their adults. This effort will:
Moreover, it will be attentive to how every Catholic can transform today's world according to the mind of Christ.
The Office of Catechesis responds to requests for resources and program models through consultation with parish adult education leaders.
In addition, parishes can request a Training Program for Parish Adult Education Committees. It can be scheduled as weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly sessions. Topics covered include:
1) various learning styles
2) nine principles of adult learning and how each might impact the way adult education is done in a parish
3) how to analyze a parish's adult population with a view to noticing the groups and subgroups within it
4) assessing adult interests and adult religious education needs in a parish – tools and approaches
5) three approaches to adult education programming in a parish
7) alternative models of adult education programming
8) developing a parish pastoral plan for adult education/faith formation
9) organizing the parish adult education committee